About Tangent Data Services
Tangent Data Services offers technology driven real-time data analytics and Big Data driven actionable insights for investment professionals. Our proprietary data provides Tangent’s clients with actual consumer behavior in real-time through the analysis of consumer inboxes. We arm investors with key intra-period data points and trends -- allowing them to act before their peers and before the information is reflected in the market.
To apply for any of the positions below, please email your resume or CV, a cover letter, and any supporting materials to email@example.com.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Join Tangent’s Big Data team and design highly scalable algorithms and systems for data collection, parsing, and analysis. Work with sales, product, and data science teams in a cross-functional environment, managing team and individual responsibilities to meet tactical goals and impact company strategy. Openly communicate requirements, status, and setbacks, while relentlessly finding solutions to keep moving forward. Ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the full development lifecycle, and all technical considerations involved in building and maintaining production systems. The candidate is expected to be self-motivated and proactive, pragmatic in execution but naturally curious and willing to take calculated risks. The Senior Software Engineer will report to the Chief Information Officer.
- Strong programming skills - object oriented design and functional programming
- Strong Java (ideally Java 8) and general JVM knowledge
- Strong ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies in a short time
- Experience in developing highly scalable, high performance distributed systems
- Experience with many types of databases, including row, column, and document stores
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS: EC2 and S3
- Experience in performance analysis and tuning of applications, databases, and entire distributed systems
- Experience with Linux
- Good oral & written communication skills
DATA SCIENTIST / ANALYST
Join Tangent’s Big Data team and design highly scalable algorithms and systems for data collection, parsing, and analysis. Work with sales, product, and data science teams in a cross-functional environment, managing team and individual responsibilities to meet tactical goals and impact company strategy. Openly communicate requirements, status, and setbacks, while relentlessly finding solutions to keep moving forward. Ideal candidate will be comfortable applying mathematical analysis and modeling principles to large data sets by translating analysis plans to a working codebase using SQL and Matlab/R. Must be eager to work in an entrepreneurial environment. The candidate is expected to take direction from / report to the Chief Data Scientist.
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis, time series analysis and decision science principles
- Experience in implementing SQL code as well as an understanding of No-SQL concepts
- Experience in implementing data analysis algorithms in MATLAB or R
- Masters in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)
- Experience in performance tuning of SQL code
- Experience in designing simulations and prototyping algorithms
- Experience in documenting and reporting analysis results
- Good oral & written communication skills
INSTITUTIONAL EQUITIES SALESPERSON
Join Tangent Data Services sales team and work with CEO, product, and data science teams in a cross-functional environment, managing sales and individual responsibilities to meet tactical goals and impact company strategy. The candidate is expected to be self-motivated and proactive, and pragmatic in execution. The salesperson will report directly to the CEO.
- Coverage of U.S. based institutional accounts who invest in U.S. Equities (with potential for international expansion)
- Engage in client contact and act as a liaison between research/data team and client, facilitating the relationship and disseminating information to clients directly
- Develop specific knowledge of stock stories in order to distribute product with an understanding of the underlying key issues
- Manage daily / weekly / monthly client needs depending on the specific arrangement
- Engage in cross-selling of products by identifying which clients are suited to each product, pitching ideas to clients and following up with introductions to the CEO or appropriate technology personnel
- Apply knowledge of client issues and needs best identify sales opportunities and offer solutions
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Institutional Equities Sales
- Strong willingness to learn unique product set
- Excellent interpersonal skills for client and team interaction
- Excellent knowledge of the industry, products and key players
- Refined communication skills and the ability to work with professionals, internally and externally, across functions
- Strong negotiation and client interaction skills
- Time management skills, ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects / mandates
- Must be a driven, detailed and results oriented team player